For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cooper Gay (Holdings) Ltd. (Cooper Gay) (No. 998625) registered in England and Wales at 52 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2EB.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website ‘Coopergay.com’ (Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, emails and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESS AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this Policy. Cooper Gay takes the security and privacy of its counterparties’ personal information extremely seriously. We have strict internal procedures which cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may from time to time use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Your email address and other information collected will only be used by Cooper Gay for the purpose of dealing with your request and providing you with information about the products and services we can offer. Personal data will not be supplied to any third parties except as required by law or otherwise provided in this Policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Cooper Gay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will endeavour to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the Contact Us page of this Website.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Because the Internet infrastructure is global the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar data protection legislation during use as set out in this Policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information.
CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
If any of the information that you have provided to Cooper Gay changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, or name details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by using the Contact Us page of this Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
© Cooper Gay (Holdings) Ltd 2010